In about 24 hours, I will be getting aboard a plane and flying away to experience an adventure that will change me. The closer I become the more anxious I feel (the good kind..with a few nerves thrown in for good measure..) I am really excited to spend some intimate time with God. I am really excited to meet other believers from all over the world! I am ready for my world to get much bigger!
The one thing I'm nervous about is going through customs. I've never done it before! =O Now, I absolutely love flying and there is something really special to me about traveling by myself. But before I get on any plane, I am always reminded that a large population of butterflies resides in my stomach. =) God is sooo good though. I think that God tells us not to be scared because He is able to see, not only the large terrors in our lives, but the small ones as well. He cares about even our little worries. He is so loving! He saw my fear of experiencing a brand new process alone and so He arranged it so that two other girls on my team will be at LAX the same time as me! So not only do I get to start building friendships early, but one of the girls is actually on my flight so we have to go through customs together!! Prayer = answered...as usual! =)
One thing that I am not nervous about right now is money. I about $1000 short for lecture phase, but God is good, and people have been overwhelmingly generous! Today I received a check in the mail $500 and I cried. God is so good and it is so amazing to experience Him working in the lives of others. These adults, some whom I barely know, who see my life as a worthy investment have no idea how encouraging they have been to me. Not only that, but I am being taught by example (the most effective teaching method) that generousity is straight from Jesus Christ and therefore to be practiced. I have been so challenged during this past month. It is amazing to me that God has provided so much for me in so little time...then again, why not?! =)
Thank you all who have prayed and/or supported me financially during my preperations. I cannot even begin to express to you how thankful I am! If you would like to support me, please click on the "Support" button on the right!
Keep praying!
No comments:
Post a Comment